Resources and links
State and territory carers associations
Click on your state or territory below to find out what supports are available to young carers in your area:
Below are links to a range of audio files with a variety of relaxation techniques for young carers who need to take some time for themselves:
Carers Australia publications
A range of publications from Carers Australia in support of young carers, their families and education.
- Supporting Families, Supporting Young Carers
- A resource for parents, offering tips and strategies from other parents and young carers, to help support and understand your own children.
- Who Cares? We Do
- Information and advice for young carers.
- Young carers in Education
- Information for schools about young carers in rural and remote Australia, raising awareness of the unique challenges faced by young carers living in these communities.
- Supporting young carers in secondary schools
- A resource designed to support teachers by raising awareness of some of the needs of young carers, suggesting how young carers can be identified, and de-stigmatising the young carer role.
A more extensive range of resources, research and publications can be found at the Carers Australia website.
- Cancer council
- Children Of Parents with a Mental Illness (COPMI)
- Beyond blue
- St Johns
- Heads Space
- Mental Health Council of Australia
- Disability Employment
- Kids Helpline
- Young Carers' Resource